Friday, October 7, 2011

Why No Shower Yet?

 Well, you are going to have to be creative and pretend that these pictures are not all tinted yellow.  It is going to be fixed today before I can get more pictures of what was wrong.  The base of the shower has been in for weeks.  I had ordered a white gray color.  Then they came to put in the walls and it turned out that the company who made them finished the wrong sides.  No problem...a solution was created.
Well, then the caddy box was opened....oh look it is a lighter white gray.  Suddenly, a realization was made by me that the walls and the base were not the color I ordered, they are gray white (darker).  They looked good (I promise they do even if the pictures look terrible).  All of the boxes stated that they were the same color.  Well, this means that the extra wall piece to fix the prior solution was probably going to be the wrong color.  Whoops!  I am going to keep the base and the wall and just have them order the same gray color to fix the problem.
What are those bars you say.  Well, they are to adhere the walls (which are a stone) to the walls behind it.  The walls are not completely straight.  The whole old house has special little crooked areas all over.  Don't worry it is not the foundation...just age.  I find myself getting more crooked daily as well.

No comments: